Loop-powered LCD indicator
- 4 digit 1/8 DIN (48 x 96 mm) loop-powered LCD display
- Easy push-button configuration
- Backlit LCD display is readable in low light conditions
- Display can be mounted in the safe area or in I.S. / Ex zone 2
- The 5531 indicator is powered by the 4 to 20 mA current loop and is easily scaled to display the correct process value.
- Because it does not require separate power wiring, the 5531 is perfect for remote display of process loops.
- The 5531A display can be panel mounted in the safe area or I.S. / Ex Zone 2 (gas).
- With a full measurement range of 3.6 to 23 mA, the 5531 is NAMUR NE43 compliant.
- The display can be push-button scaled to any range between -9999 to 9999, and reverse display action is possible.
- The LCD backlight can be set to half or full intensity for easy viewing in low light conditions.
- The display only requires 1.5 VDC, (75 Ω loop load), with the backlight turned off.
- The input is HART transparent.
- The front push-buttons can be disabled to prevent unauthorized adjustment.
Mounting / installation
- Once panel mounted with the included gasket, the 5531 provides IP65 ingress protection.
-20°C to +60°C
-20°C to +60°C
< 95% RH (non-cond.)
IP65, from front
48 x 96 x 120 mm
Cut out dimensions
44.5 x 91.5 mm
Wire size, connector terminal 1 - 4
0.13...2.08 mm2 / AWG 26...14 stranded wire
Screw terminal torque
Cable glands and cable diameter
M16 x 1.5 / Ø 5...8 mm
Response time (0...90%, 100...10%)
< 1 s
Signal / noise ratio
> 60 dB
EMC immunity influence
< ±0.5% of span
Loop error detection, 4...20 mA: Low
~ < 3 mA
Loop error detection, 4...20 mA: High
~ > 24 mA
Input voltage drop, without backlight
< 1.5 V @ 20 mA
Input voltage drop, with full backlight
< 10.5 V @ 20 mA
Observed authority requirements
± 9999 (4 digits)
KEMA 05ATEX1044 X (5531A/B1)